Pages

Friday 5 April 2013

Sushi sushi sushi and a little bit on nutrition...

Although I am pretty active, my nutrition has not always been the best. I have a huge sweet tooth, huge as in I could eat pudding for breakfast, lunch, dinner and still have room for a chocolate snack. Although I try to eat healthy meals, I do snack and I do feel hungry a lot. Because of this and the fact I want to be in tip top condition for leading an active lifestyle, I went to see a nutritionist.

I think this was probably one of the best things I have ever done. Some of the tips I picked up:


  • Drink loads of water
  • Eat more protein - I need to try and eat protein with every meal, which at the moment I am really lacking. This supposedly will help me to feel full for far longer.
  • Carbs like pasta and bread can be replaced by lots of green veg like spinach and broccoli as they too have carbs in them.
  • Try to limit the really sugary fruits like grapes and strawberries.

These are just a few to start with but already they make sense and seem really easy to achieve. As well as this, I am going to keep a food diary. This really helps me to see what I am eating and how I feel afterwards. I can see what my body likes and doesn't like. Its really important for your body to get all of the nutrients it needs from whole foods, the less processed the better. This is because there is less of a chance for the food to be chemically altered or added to.

Salmon, avocado and cucumber rolls




So anyway today, My boyfriend and I made sushi for lunch! One of my favourite foods. Im sure we could make it healthier by using brown rice, but the fillings were extremely healthy and filling. I chose a california roll with salmon, avocado and cucumber and the inside out rolls with low fat cream cheese and avocado. Will had a spicy tuna filling in all of his. It was actually really really easy to make and would be a lovely alternative for sandwich lovers or a nice addition to a lunch salad. 

Spicy tuna rolls



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...