Pages

Friday 18 May 2012

in to the tribe...

I really love all of the tribal prints at the moment. The patterns and colours are really striking and they really draw you in to an outfit. In British Vogue May 2012, Mario Testino shot an amazing editorial which I love. Although based on nomadic prints, fringing and embroideries it feels very tribal.


The images themselves are just stunning, the colours work really well against the dramatic backdrops which are in muted colours so your eyes are always drawn to the model and the clothing. The styling by Lucinda Chambers is incredible. With so much going on within the image it would be easy for the looks to feel overwhelming but they really don't, the model looks like a work of art. 


'High Plains Drifter'




I love these shoes by Giuseppe Zanotti!!






Today I wore a tribal inspired outfit. The shoes are one of my favourite pairs, I had been looking for a pair of moccasins for about a year and found these in River Island in the sale for £15. They were the last pair and they were in my size so it had to be fate. The necklace is from primark and on a leather style cord, I think its quite unusual and sits really nicely. The top is an aztec print from Topshop and the skirt is H'n'M. Overall a bit of a bargain outfit.


River Island


Primark


Overall outfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...