Pages

Sunday 13 May 2012

all things vintage

Recently I went to a vintage fair in Southampton. I literally just popped along to see what it was all about really and managed to unintentionally spend over £30! A small mooch around in my lunch break turned into a 2 hour shop-a-thon.


Founded in 2005 by Judy Berger, The affordable Vintage fair travels around the country allowing dozens of traders in each town and city to set up shop and sell their vintage wears at an affordable price. Its a combination that really works.


I wasn't really sure what to expect but what ever expectations I had before, it exceeded them. The room was large and airy and was almost laid out like individual boutique shops. I started at the front and just worked my way round in a circle, through the jewellery, clothing, home wear and general bric-a-brac. 


Vintage sizes tend to come up a little snug so trying on is essential and an upstairs room had been turned into a dressing room with a mirror and chairs etc. I did not purchase any clothing on this occasion, I did however splurge on jewellery, a scarf, dove hooks to hang all of my new jewellery from and a gorgeous leather clutch bag. All in all a very successful first trip to a vintage fair and one which I am very keen to repeat next time 'Judy's Affordable Vintage Fair' comes to town.


Scarf - £3 
Jewellery/Keys - 50p-£3
Key on a Chain
Leather Clutch bag - £8
Dove Hooks - £2.50
www.judysvintagefair.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...